- Property Management
- Columbus, GA, USA
- Full Time
Leasing Consultant Objectives & Job Summary
The role of a Greystone Leasing Consultant requires high energy, a burning desire to make a real difference in people's lives and a commitment to anticipate and exceed the expectations of our residents and customers. This diverse role combines sales, customer service and marketing to lease luxury apartment homes and build excellent relationships with guests and residents. Greystone leasing consultants sell the high quality construction, superior amenities and first class service guarantees that have become synonymous with the Greystone brand and reputation.
Essential Job Functions
- 1. Leasing
- Sell property's products and services to prospects
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property, sister properties and competitors
- Assist manager in developing and implementing effective marketing strategies to increase property traffic and internet leads
- Convert phone calls to tours, property tours to leases and internet leads to tours and/or leases.
- Ensure guest cards are complete, entered into the property management software, and follow up is completed for prospects.
- Ensure leasing office, tour path, vacant apartments, amenities and general curb appeal of community is pleasing to all 5 senses and is impeccably clean, if necessary spot cleaning to maintain the high standard of which Greystone is synonymous with
2. Resident Relations
- Develop and maintain first class customer service relationships with prospects and residents through effective verbal and written communication
- Assist in the resolution of resident concerns or, in the absence of Property Manager, resolve resident concerns.
- Monitor outstanding work orders and constantly communicates with maintenance staff to insure 24 hour service guarantee.
- Plan, organize and conduct resident functions as needed and as directed by Property Manager.
- Accurately prepare and be thoroughly knowledgeable with all lease-related paperwork, from the application process through move out. This includes processing housing applications, preparing move in information, lease files, renewal letters and renewal leases, completing brochures, completing move out requests, and any other forms utilized as they relate to leasing and resident relations.
- Assist in acting as a Risk Manager to ensure the safety and well-being of our residents and property. This would include but not be limited to testing pool chemicals and pool safety equipment, routine property inspections to look for safety hazards and potential criminal activity.
- General clerical assistance including but not limited to answering phones, taking messages, managing the facilities/work orders in the property management software, filing, and ordering office supplies.
- If assigned to employee, schedule thorough turns through effective, timely communication with staff and vendors.
- If assigned to employee, manage the Social Media function for the community.
- If assigned to employee, accurately post rent, prepare delinquency or credit letters, and perform other administrative functions relating to the recordkeeping of residents or guests of the community.
Physical essential job functions
- Clarity of vision, with or without corrective lenses, required for 100% of the job functions.
- Hearing- Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Speech- Express and exchange ideas orally in an accurate and efficient manner
- Sit for several consecutive hours
- Stand for several consecutive hours
- Walk for several consecutive hours
- Climb up and down stairs with ease several times each day
- Lift no more than 5 pounds unassisted, including ability to lift this weight overhead
- Repetitive use of the fingers, hands, wrists and arms
- Repetitive use of the feet, ankles, knees and legs
The amount of time the employee spends doing the physical activities listed above varies each day and is determined by the frequency of visitors, the availability and location of apartments, the time of day, week, month and year, and several other factors. Each physical requirement listed is an essential function of the job of a leasing consultant. Inability to do any of these tasks is severely detrimental to the company's operations.
Attendance –based essential job functions
Though routine and pre-scheduled work hours will be provided, this position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the community staffing limitations, it is essential that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, work extra hours when requested in order to complete job functions and serve the needs of the residents. Conflicts with additional employment or education classes cannot take priority over required work hours with Greystone. Position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.
Quality: The Leasing Consultant must demonstrate a commitment to anticipate and exceed the expectations of our residents, customers, co-workers and leadership. The Leasing Consultant will be proactive in seeking ways to fulfill this quality expectation.
Required Education, Experience, Licenses or Equipment
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver's license required
- Reliable daily transportation required. Transportation must remain at the same location as employee all day every day
- Valid vehicle insurance required
- Read and write the English language in a professional, legible manner
- Intermediate or advanced skills in using a computer, Internet, and Email
- Basic skills using Microsoft Word software
- Verbal, math and reasoning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent sales skills
- Courteous, professional demeanor with demonstrated desire to serve others
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and good judgment
- Work with others in a cooperative and respectful manner, even in the face of adversity
- Handle stressful, urgent, diverse situations in a calm and reasonable manner
- Possess and apply emotional stability, and personal maturity
- Well organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong sense of urgency to accomplish tasks
- Possess and apply attention to detail
- Team oriented with ability to work independently on occasion
- Ability to look beyond the obvious for solutions
- Ability to follow instructions
Typical working conditions range from indoor office sedentary setting to outdoor active environment. Position may require routine travel locally during the work day.
All employees are expected to do whatever is necessary to make Greystone Properties successful. This could include leasing at "sister properties", helping to set up corporate apartments, spot cleaning apartments to refresh, bookkeeping duties, or more. Advancement within the company is not solely based on knowledge, skills and abilities. Advancement is also largely based on the performance and dedication of an employee, the length of employment and experience with a particular job.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Any addition or deletion of duties may be changed at any time by Greystone Properties' administration. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.