- Grounds Maintenance
- Columbus, GA, USA
- Full Time
The role of Groundskeeper requires a strong sense of urgency and a commitment to excellence for the care of the fine details. This role is vital to the company's success and involves maintaining a high standard of cleanliness on the exterior of the apartment community and its amenities. Creating and maintaining excellent curb appeal for the property is a key role for this position.
Essential Job Functions
Removal of trash and other debris
- Walk to pick up trash and cigarette butts from all areas of the property
- Remove pet deposits from grounds
- Empty trash cans at common areas
- Empty pet stations
- Remove debris from around dumpster/compactor area
- Empty ashtrays at amenity areas
Turf, plant, shrubbery, tree and bed management
- Inspect sprinkler heads for proper water distribution
- Inspect grounds for drainage problems
- Water plants, shrubbery, trees or grass as needed
- Spread/neaten/ tuck pine straw as needed
- Pull or kill weeds where appropriate
- Install plants/flowers as needed
- Cut grass or week-eat as needed
- Trim low lying tree limbs as needed
Exterior building and amenity maintenance
- Presssure wash curbs, entrances, sidewalks, breezeways or other surfaces as needed
- Replace light bulbs in common areas as needed
- Clean surfaces as needed (such as surfaces of mailboxes at mail center, signage, exterior doors, etc)
- Monitor exterior of buildings for issues with roof, siding, shutters, etc.
- Clean light fixtures
- Remove spiderwebs or other debris from breezeways, doorframes and common areas
Cleanliness of amenity/common areas or common equipment
- Clean pool restrooms and other amenity/common area restrooms daily. Stock with tissue, soap, and paper towels.
- Straighten pool furniture daily
- Clean pool furniture as needed
- Wash management golf carts and check for needed repairs
- Paint or clean signage as needed
- Maintain company provided equipment such as pressure washer, lawn equipment, tools and other supplies
- Test pool water and record findings at least daily (frequency dependent on season)
- Clean skimmer baskets
- Vacuum pool
- Clean out baskets in pump room
- Refill chlorinator as needed (CPO certified only)
- Take pool water samples for testing as scheduled
- Add chemicals as needed (CPO certified only)
- Check filtration system is working adequately
- Clean pool tiles and other surfaces as needed
Physical essential job functions
- Clarity of vision, with or without corrective lenses, required for 100% of the job functions.
- Stand for several consecutive hours
- Walk for several consecutive hours
- Climb up and down stairs with ease several times each day
- Lift up to 25 pounds unassisted, including ability to lift this weight overhead
- Lift up to 50 pounds to approximately waist level
- Carry up to 50 pounds without rest for a short distance
- Push/pull up to 100 pounds without rest for a short distance
- Repetitive use of the fingers, hands, wrists and arms
- Repetitive use of the feet, ankles, knees and legs
- Repetitive bending, turning, twisting, kneeling, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching out, reaching up, grasping and pinching.
The amount of time the employee spends doing the physical activities listed above varies each day. Each physical requirement listed is an essential function of this job. Inability to do any of these tasks is severely detrimental to the company's operations.
Attendance –based essential job functions
Though routine and pre-scheduled work hours will be provided, this position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the community staffing limitations, it is essential that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, work extra hours when requested in order to complete job functions and serve the needs of the residents. Conflicts with additional employment or education classes cannot take priority over required work hours with Greystone. Position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.
Quality: The Grounds Maintenance employee must demonstrate a commitment to anticipate and exceed the expectations of our residents, customers, co-workers and leadership. The employee will be proactive in seeking ways to fulfill this quality expectation. Service requests are expected to be completed accurately, efficiently and on the first attempt.
Required Education, Experience, Licenses or Equipment
- Valid driver's license required
- Reliable daily transportation required. Transportation must remain at the same location as employee all day every day
- Valid vehicle insurance required
- Read the English language
- Communicate using the English language
- Courteous, professional demeanor with demonstrated desire to serve others
- Well organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Possess and apply attention to detail
- Team oriented with ability to work independently
- Work with others in a cooperative and respectful manner, even in the face of adversity
- Possess and apply emotional stability and personal maturity
- Strong sense of urgency to accomplish tasks
- Possess and apply ability to follow instructions
Typical working condition is in a labor intensive, outdoor environment. Position may require routine travel locally during the work day.
All employees are expected to do whatever is necessary to make Greystone Properties successful. Advancement within the company is not solely based on knowledge, skills and abilities. Advancement is also largely based on the performance and dedication of an employee, the length of employment and experience with a particular job.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Any addition or deletion of duties may be changed at any time by Greystone Properties' administration. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
Greystone Properties, LLC is committed to protecting the safety, health and well being of all employees and other individuals in our workplace. We have established a drug free workplace program that balances our repoect for individuals with the need to maintain an alcohol and drug-free environment. Employment Applicants are subject to this company policy. Folllowing an extension of a job offer, employment applicant must submit to a pre-employment substance abuse test. Please refer to the Greystone website, www.greystoneproperties.net and click on the DFWP policy for full details.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!