- Maintenance- Cumming
- Cumming, GA, USA
- Full Time
The role of Maintenance Technician requires a strong sense of urgency and a commitment to excellence for the care of the fine details. This role is vital to the company's success and involves the technical repairs of the interior and exterior of the apartment community and its amenities. A passion for the fields of maintenance and customer service are key roles in this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform technical repairs to plumbing, electrical, appliances and HVAC system as well as other miscellaneous repairs or replacements as needed.
- Perform the turn maintenance for vacant apartments. Examples of turn maintenance include caulking, checking all appliances and plumbing, rekeying locks, etc
Emergency Maintenance On Call
- Serving in an emergency on call rotation is a requirement of this position
- Monitor exterior of buildings for issues with roof, siding, shutters, etc.
- Maintain company provided equipment such as pressure washer, lawn equipment, tools and other supplies, golf cart.
Pool Maintenance (maintain accuracy, even if not primary job responsibility)
- Test pool water and record findings at least daily (frequency dependent on season)
- Clean skimmer baskets
- Vacuum pool
- Clean out baskets in pump room
- Refill chlorinator as needed (CPO certified only)
- Take pool water samples for testing as scheduled
- Add chemicals as needed (CPO certified only)
- Check filtration system is working adequately
- Clean pool tiles and other surfaces as needed
Supplies and Safety Procedures
- Organize and maintain cleanliness in shop area as well as any other common maintenance work spaces
- Maintain adequate supplies by ensuring accurate inventory.
- Practice fiscal responsibility by ordering responsibly and searching for the best price for supplies and equipment
- Maintain chemicals and/or hazardous materials in the proper manner
- Practice workplace safety
Physical essential job functions
- Clarity of vision, with or without corrective lenses, required for 100% of the job functions.
- Speech- Express and exchange ideas orally in an accurate and efficient manner
- Stand for several consecutive hours
- Walk for several consecutive hours
- Climb up and down stairs with ease several times each day
- Lift up to 25 pounds unassisted, including ability to lift this weight overhead
- Lift up to 50 pounds to approximately waist level
- Carry up to 50 pounds without rest for a short distance
- Push/pull up to 100 pounds without rest for a short distance.
- Repetitive use of the fingers, hands, wrists and arms
- Repetitive use of the feet, ankles, knees and legs
- Repetitive bending, turning, twisting, kneeling, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching out, reaching up, grasping and pinching.
The amount of time the employee spends doing the physical activities listed above varies each day. Each physical requirement listed is an essential function of this job. Inability to do any of these tasks is severely detrimental to the company's operations.
Attendance –based essential job functions
Though routine and pre-scheduled work hours will be provided, this position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the community staffing limitations, it is essential that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, work extra hours when requested in order to complete job functions and serve the needs of the residents. Conflicts with additional employment or education classes cannot take priority over required work hours with Greystone. Position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.
Quality: The Maintenance Technician must demonstrate a commitment to anticipate and exceed the expectations of our residents, customers, co-workers and leadership. The employee will be proactive in seeking ways to fulfill this quality expectation. Service requests are expected to be completed accurately, efficiently and on the first attempt.
Required Education, Experience, Licenses or Equipment
- Valid driver's license required
- Reliable daily transportation required. Transportation must remain at the same location as employee all day every day
- Valid vehicle insurance required
- Possesses own tools & a/c gauges in order to perform technical maintenance tasks. (Specific list provided upon request)
- HVAC certification required- Type I and II at minimum
- Read and write the English language
- Communicate using the English language
- Extensive skills dealing with the repair of plumbing, appliances, electrical systems & HVAC systems as well as other general type repairs (repairing screens, locks, etc.)
- Courteous, professional demeanor with demonstrated desire to serve others
- Well organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Possess and apply attention to detail
- Team oriented with ability to work independently
- Work with others in a cooperative and respectful manner, even in the face of adversity
- Possess and apply emotional stability, and personal maturity
- Strong sense of urgency to accomplish tasks
- Possess and apply common sense understanding and good judgment
- Handle stressful, urgent, diverse situations in a calm and reasonable manner
- Possess and apply ability to follow instructions
Typical working conditions are in a labor intensive, outdoor environment or interior of apartment home. Position may require routine travel locally during the work day.
All employees are expected to do whatever is necessary to make Greystone Properties successful. Advancement within the company is not solely based on knowledge, skills and abilities. Advancement is also largely based on the performance and dedication of an employee, the length of employment and experience with a particular job.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Any addition or deletion of duties may be changed at any time by Greystone Properties' administration. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
Greystone Properties, LLC is committed to protecting the safety, health and well being of all employees and other individuals in our workplace. We have established a drug free workplace program that balances our repoect for individuals with the need to maintain an alcohol and drug-free environment. Employment Applicants are subject to this company policy. Folllowing an extension of a job offer, employment applicant must submit to a pre-employment substance abuse test. Please refer to the Greystone website, www.greystoneproperties.net and click on the DFWP policy for full details.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!